prohibition taking effect in the 1920's, the property was converted to a house,
a confectionary store, ice cream parlor and filling station. After prohibition
ended, the property returned to use as a tap room, grill and ice cream shop,
once again becoming a popular gathering spot. During the 1920's Jacob Hullar II
also operated the Oneida Lake Club in Jewell, NY.
Hullar's Restaurant and Coffee Shop
had remanined in the Hullar Family and is now operated by Jacob C.
"Jake" Hullar III and his family, Maria, Susan, Nanette and Nadia
Restaurant stands to be one of the oldest restaurants in town. On July 27,
1818, Eben Blakeman purchased land and built a tavern and hotel at this
location on what was then called "Manlius Four Corners." Since then
it has changed hands many times before Jacob Hullar bought the former
"Wands House" on July 19, 1908. Jacob was an accomplished
restaurateur and hotelkeeper, having formly owned the Cazenovia House and the
Park House, both in Cazenovia. He and his wife, Mary, resided upstairs while
operating the tavern in upper Fayetteville.
After serving in WWI, Jacob C.
Hullar II returned to join his father in the family business. In 1924, he
married Doris Goodfellow, whose ancestors were among the town's earliest tavern